a. understanding financial transactions b. understanding interpersonal relationship & interaction c. understanding transactions relating to business d. understanding transactions relating to business and ethic Ans - b
2. What is the feature of a adult ego state, out of the following ..
a. more of ethical, conscientious behavior and influenced by preaching from parents and elders b. more of analytical, rational and practical orientation c. more of instinctive behavior with motive of enjoyment d. more of every thing Ans - b
3. In his behavior, a person is displaying more of emotions than the facts. It can be classified as ego state: a. parents b. elders c. adult d. child Ans - d
4. Which of the following is a feature of a crossed transaction?
a. from parents to child and again from parents to child b. it is undesirable c. the transaction is blocked d. all the above Ans - d
5. According to Harris, what is the meaning of the life position, I am OK, you are not OK?
a. Both have value b. I have value but you do not have value c. I do not have value but you have value d. neither person has value Ans - b
6. The objective of understanding the ego states profile of a person is:
a. to counsel him b. to make necessary modification in one's behavior c. to bring desired change d. all the above Ans - b
7. In Johari Window, the window ARENA represents which of the following?
a. known to self and others b. closed to self and others c. known to others and not known to self d. known to self and not to others Ans - a
8. For improving effectiveness in interpersonal relations, which of the following area is most critical?
a. dark b. arena c. blind d. closed Ans - b
9. Which of the following is part of human resources management (HRM)?
a. routine functions b. organizational development c. employee development d. all the above Ans - a
10. The HR professional's role includes creating necessary culture and values in the organization, diagnosing the problem at organization level and taking corrective steps. These fall, in which of the following category?
a. role of developing competence b. process role c. supportive role d. supportive role Ans - b
11. Which of the following statement is correct?
a. HR functions in banks are generally performed professionally like other corporates b. HR functions in banks are generally performed professionally like other corporates c. HR functions in banks are generally not performed professionally like other corporates d. HR functions in banks are professionally performed unlike other corporates Ans - c
12. Which of the following enhanced the role of HR professional ?
(i) growth of unionism, (ii) state interventions through a no. of legislations, (iii) stress on statutory welfare a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
13. Which of the following aims at safeguarding interest and controlling exploitation of specific groups
(i) Child Labor Act 1986, (ii) Bonded Labor System Act 1976, (iii) Interstate Migrant Workmen Act 1979. a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
14. In the present context, the objective of HRD. which one is correct ?
a. to develop capabilities of each employee as an individual b. to develop team spirit and functioning in every organizational unit c. collaboration amongst different groups in the organization d. all the above Ans - a
15. The first decade of 21st century saw extensive competition in the banking activity due to ......
(i) globalization, (ii) deregulation, (iii) privatization a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - c
16. Job role or job analysis comprises ......
(i) job description, (ii) job evaluation, (iii) job specification a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
17. ...... is primarily used to compare similarity between jobs within an organization or between organisations or even in an industry:
a. Job description b. Job role or Job analysis c. Job specification d. Job evaluation Ans - d
18. As per explanation of the need hierarchy, need for an individual to realize his potential and self -actualization is as strong as satisfying physical needs.
a. Robert Owen b. Charles Babbage c. Abraham Maslow d. Douglas McGregor Ans - c
19. According to Nadler, the learning for growth of the individual not related to a specific present or future job is known as:
a. Training b. Education c. Development d. Seminar Ans – c
20. Whose work can be cited as the first instance of defining the perspective of adult learning in the 20th century?
a. Socrates b. Confucius c. Lindeman d. Aristotle Ans - c
21. State true or false :
1. Each organization needs competent staff with the necessary qualifications, skills, knowledge, work experience and aptitude to perform work. 2. Manpower planning is also needed in order to identify an organizations need to reduce its workforce. Select the correct option a. 1 is True , 2 is False b. 1 is False , 2 is True c. 1 is True , 2 is True d. 1 is False , 2 is False Ans - c
22. In the 360 degree appraisal method, the appraisal of an employee is done by ......
(i) seniors, (ii) colleagues, (iii) subordinates a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
23. The compensation should be adequate which takes into account the following ......
(i) minimum wages, (ii) living wages, (iii) fair wages a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans – d
24. The general feeling of fellowship that prevails in the work group atmosphere, prevalence of information supporting cultural and social groups comes in which type of climate survey? a. Identity b. Structure c. Risk d. Warmth Ans - d
25. It is a process by which the management finds how effective it has been in hiring and placing the employees...
a. Interview b. Reference check c. Performance appraisal d. 360 degree appraisal Ans - c
26. Which step comes after when the performance standards are communicated to the employees and the performance appraisal methods.
a. Performance level are compared with benchmark b. Out comes are than communicated to employees. c. Measure the performance of employee d. Initiate corrective action Ans – c
27. The oldest and simple method of performance appraisal where Relative position of each employee is assessed, is called as?
a. Comparison method b. Straight ranking method c. Graphic or linear rating method d. Grading method Ans - b