1. It is a tendency to allow one trait or characteristic of an employee to influence the assessment, it rate an employee either high or low.
a. Similar error tendency b. Central tendency c. Halo effect d. Leniency or strictness tendency Ans – c
2. Herzberg mentioned six motivational factors. Which is not one among them?
a. Recognition b. Advancement c. Responsibility d. Job security Ans - d
3. The value a person assign to his desired reward is called......
a. Perk b. Pay c. Salary d. Valence Ans - d
4. In the relationship between height and educational qualification
a. the height is independent and education is dependent variable b. the height is dependent and education is independent variable c. there is inverse relationship between the two d. none of the above Ans – d
5. Mr. Ram is working in ABC Corp., since last 30 years. Now he is at an age of 59 due to his old age he is unable to complete his social and biological roles and feeling unwanted and uselessness, the condition of Mr. Ram is said to be...
a. Guilt b. Inferiority c. Isolation d. Dispair Ans - d
6. An employee terminated due to Alcoholism, Dishonesty or inefficiency is called as
a. Discharge b. Dismissal c. Suspend d. Layoff Ans - a
7. Standard Performance – Actual Performance = Training & Development ......
a. Objective b. Drawback c. Motive d. Need Ans - d
8. Wchich don't emphasize on the pattern of (mutual) expectations?
(i) Job, (ii) Task, (iii) Role a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - a
9. Following the contemporary trend, what is not the focus of redundancy exercises?
(i) To dismiss employees who will cost the organization less in terms of redundancy pay, (ii) To limit costs of redundancy support schemes, (iii) To focus on 'surviving staff' a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - a
10. What is a major problem with outplacement services?
a. The lack of organizational understanding of the consultants. b. The tendency for employees to ignore such services. c. The costs involved. d. Their tendency to be targeted mainly at managerial staff. Ans - d 11. Target coaching, work planning, mutual goal setting and performance objectives are all terms used to specify concept called ......
a. Behavioral Rating Approach b. Management By Objectives (MBO) c. combination method d. critical incident method Ans - b
12. Fourth step in process of management by objective is to ......
a. guided setting of objective b. ongoing performance discussion c. review job and agreement d. develop performance standards Ans - b
13. Payments made to employees for amount of time in which employee has worked are classified as ......
a. variable pay b. salaries c. base pay d. wages Ans - c
14. In employee training, second stage for trainee's on-the-job training is to ......
a. present information b. prepare learners c. do follow up d. practice of trainee Ans - a
15. When person's performance is neither satisfactory nor correctable is ......
a. satisfactory-promotable interview b. satisfactory-not promotable interview c. unsatisfactory-correctable interview d. unsatisfactory-uncorrectable interview Ans - d
16. The three important components in aligning business strategy with HR practice ......
a. Business Strategy, Human Resource Practices, Organisational Capabilities* b. Marketing Strategy, Human Resource Practices, Organisational Capabilities c. Business Strategy, Human Resource Practices, Organisational structure d. Marketing Strategy, Human Resource Practices, Organisational structure Ans - a
17. The three phases of recruitment process are ......
a. Planning, Implementing, Evaluating b. Planning, Implementing, Screening c. Planning, Implementing, Enrichment d. Planning, Screening, Evaluating Ans - a
18. A 38-year-old woman quits her high-paying marketing job to focus on her children and become a school counselor. What stage would Ericson consider this to be?
a. Identify vs. Role Confusion b. Generativity vs. Stagnation c. Ego Integrity vs. Despair d. Industry vs. Inferiority Ans - b
19. Each stage in a Ericson’s model of psychological development can be characterized by ......
a. A period of creative tension b. An achievement scale for growth c. A different psychological crisis d. a and c Ans - d
20. The training needs can be identified by an organization on the basis of ......
(i) performance appraisal (ii) productivity norms fixed by the organization (iii) larger rejects for the job done by the employee a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
21. While conducting the training programs, which of the following methodology is used?
(i) lectures and experimental lectures, (ii) reading and discussions, (iii) case studies and role plays a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
22. The evaluation of training is done at 4 levels. At one of these levels, the participants learn knowledge, skills and attitudes about the subject matter, which is evaluated through some test conducted before and after the training. This level is called:
a. reaction level b. learning level c. behavior level d. functioning level Ans - b
23. The trainer in a bank should be ......
a. practicing managers only b. operational people only c. specialists recruited as core faculty only d. a mix of practicing managers, operational people and specialist recruited as core faculty. Ans - d
24. The persistent tendency to feel and behave in a particular way, towards some object, is called ......
a. behavior b. attitude c. habit d. any of the above Ans - b
25. Which of the following components of attitude, involve the feeling of an employee or their affectpositive, neutral or negative-about an object?
a. emotional b. informational c. behavioral d. all the above Ans - a
26. Which of the following function is served by the attitudes?
(i) the adjustment function, (ii) the ego-defensive function, (iii) the value-expression function a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
27. Which of the following can play a great role in attitude change?
(i) friends, (ii) peers, (iii) opinion leaders a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans – a
28. The How throne Studies were carried out by Elton Mayo and others at ......
a. Columbia University b. Cambridge University c. Western Electrical Company d. Coco Cola Ans - c
29. The Term Personnel officer was first used in India in ......
a. Paper Mills b. Textile Mills c. Sugar Mills d. Chemical and Pharmaceuticals Industries Ans - d
30. Pareek and Rao have identified ...... Critical attributes for HR Managers
a. 20 b. 19 c. 21 d. 22 Ans - d
31. What does "E", "R" and "G" stand for in the ERG theory?
a. Export, Risk and Guarantee b. Exponential, Reliability and Growth c. Existence, Relatedness and Growth d. None of the above Ans - c
32. Some times an individual may not be clear about the various expectations that people have from his role and this causes......
a. Role stagnation b. Inter-role distance c. Role ambiguity d. Role-set conflicts Ans - c
33. In Vroom's theory, motivation is a product of ......
a. expectancy b. instrumentality c. valence d. All of above Ans - d
34. According to the Personality Job Fit theory, the six personality type are:Realistic,Investigative,Social, ...... Enterprising and Artistic.
a. Jovial b. Empathetic c. Conventional d. Timid Ans - c
35. A stage when a person attempts to achieve ego integrity by examining whether life has been meaningful or satisfying, in the context of career planning, is called ......
a. adolescence b. young adulthood c. adulthood d. maturity Ans - d
36. Vroom's Expectancy Theory of motivation consists of ...... elements