1. Which of the following is not element in Vroom's expectancy of motivation ?
a. Valence b. Operant conditioning c. Expectency d. Intrumentality Ans - b
2. According to Vroom's Expectancy Theory of motivation, Valence is ......
a. the individual,s belief that the accomplishment of a given task will result in the attainment of some valued reward b. the strength of an individual's performance for obtaining some particular outcome c. the confidence that individual may have in themselves in accomplishing a certain task d. None of the above Ans - c
3. With a view to make the job more interesting, meaningful and challenging, this process of building several positive, intrinsic inducements and attractions is referred to ......
a. Job Rotation b. Job enrichment c. Job enlargement d. Job Design Ans - b
4. Theory X and Theory Y Proposed by ......
a. Maslow b. McGregor c. Vroom D. Jucius Ans - b
5. Hawthrone studies have underlined the importance of which of the following?
a. Contingency approach to management b. Scientific approach to management c. Modern approach to management d. Human relations approach to management Ans - d
6. Job evaluation is used for ......
a. Determining wage rate differentials b. Study of job evaluation c. Rating of employee merit d. Determining production cost Ans - a
7. Within Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, the need for belonging is associated with ......
a. Physiological needs b. Safety needs c. Social needs d. Esteem needs Ans - c
8. According to Maslow, an employee who has a need for more self-respect has unmet ......
a. Physiological needs b. Safety needs c. Social needs d. Esteem needs Ans - d
9. McGregor assumed that people who were lazy would normally be viewed through ......
a. Theory X b. Theory Y c. Social Needs Theory d. Physical Needs Theory Ans - a
10. Theory Y assumes that people inherently ......
a. need satisfaction of need to belong more than anything else b. avoid responsibility and need to be closely controlled c. want to work and exercise self-direction d. work to satisfy hygiene factors Ans - c
11. According to Dalton, Thompson and Price, in the career path, which of the following is required to define the direction in which the entire organization or at least a major segment of the organization would develop?
a. apprentice b. colleague c. mentors d. sponsors Ans - d
12. According to Driver, in the ...... an individual takes a new job, works hard, performs well, moves up in status and rank and then moves on to another type of work and follows the same pattern of development and performance.
a. steady state careers b. transitory pattern c. spiral career d. plateau career Ans - c
13. Under career pattern, Schein has given comprehensive framework of 3 dimensional movements. The movement is along the ...... hierarchy of the organization
a. vertical b. circumferential c. radial d. cervical Ans - a
14. According to Schein, there are ...... type of career anchors
a. two b. three c. four d. five Ans - d
15. Which of the following career anchor category, as per Schein concept, does not match?
a. some individuals want to create something new – autonomy b. some individuals are not comfortable with organization life They like to start something and want to make it a success - autonomy c. some individuals want to create something new – creativity d. none of the above Ans - a
16. Which of the following are counted while computing value of compensation of employees?
(i) Wages and salaries in cash, (ii) Employees contribution to PF, (iii) Rent free quarters provided to workers a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - b
17. In the assessment center workshops method, in a job related simulated situation, the behavior of the employees is assessed through their performance of different exercises such as ......
(i) group discussions, psychometric tests, (ii) business games, committee meetings, (iii) in-basket exercises a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
18. When an individual is of the view that the course of events is determined by one's own efforts and action and not due to external events or luck, this is called as ......
a. External locus of control b. Locus of control c. Internal locus of control d. Beyond control locus Ans - c
19. ...... is for learning to prepare the individual for a different but identified job. a. Training b. Education c. Development d. Motivation Ans - b
20. Humanistic Theories of Knowles are not called as ......
(i) Cognitive Theories, (ii) Behaviourist Theories, (iii) Mechanistic Theories a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
21. ...... theories don't hold that the learner is passive in the process of learning.
(i) Cognitive Theories, (ii) Behaviourist Theories, (iii) Organismic Theories a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - b
22. As part of the concept of self-development, the self can be categorized into ......
(i) patent self, (ii) explicit self, (iii) inner self a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - b
23. Which of the following statements is not correct?
a. Human wants are limited. b. Means to satisfy human wants are limited. c. Means or resources have alternative uses d. None of the above Ans - d
24. There are 2 methods for performance appraisal. Which of the following are not correct.
(i) the traditional methods emphasize on rating the individual personality traits, (ii) the traditional methods lay importance on job achievement, (iii) the modern methods lay emphasize on rating the individual personality traits a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - c
25. Which Type of compensation in the following are matched properly?
(i) top or middle management – salary, (ii) Clerical or administrative staff - salary, (iii) unskilled, semi-skilled, skilled or highly skilled staff – wages a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - c
26. In the 360 degree appraisal method, the appraisal of an employee is done by ......
(i) seniors, (ii) colleagues, (iii) subordinates a. Only (i) and (ii) b. Only (i) and (iii) c. Only (ii) and (iii) d. (i), (ii) and (iii) Ans - d
27. Mr. Ram is working in ABC Corp., since last 30 years. Now he is at an age of 59 due to his old age he is unable to complete his social and biological roles and feeling unwanted and uselessness, the condition of Mr. Ram is said to be...
a. Guilt b. Inferiority c. Isolation d. Despair Ans – d