Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A man rows to a place 48 km distant and come back in 14 hours. He finds that he can row 4 km with the stream in the same time as 3 km against the stream. The rate of the stream is:
2. The sum of the present ages of a father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
3. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to that the average marks for the class got increased by half (1/2). The number of pupils in the class is:
4. At what time between 4 and 5 o'clock will the hands of a watch point in opposite directions?
5. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 37 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened. The cistern will be filled in just half an hour, if the B is turned off after:
6. A container contains 40 litres of milk. From this container 4 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was repeated further two times. How much milk is now contained by the container?
7. The market value of a 10.5% stock, in which an income of Rs. 756 is derived by investing Rs. 9000, brokerage being %, is:
8. 1 /1 + x(b - a) + x(c - a) + 1/ 1 + x(a - b) + x(c - b)+ 1 /1 + x (b - c) + x(a - c) = ?
9. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, the number of valid votes that the other candidate got, was:
10. How many days are there in x weeks x days?