Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. What decimal of an hour is a second ?
2. An error 2% in excess is made while measuring the side of a square. The percentage of error in the calculated area of the square is:
3. Alfred buys an old scooter for Rs. 4700 and spends Rs. 800 on its repairs. If he sells the scooter for Rs. 5800, his gain percent is:
4. The cube root of .000216 is:
5.Father is aged three times more than his son Ronit. After 8 years, he would be two and a half times of Ronit's age. After further 8 years, how many times would he be of Ronit's age?
6. The banker's discount on a bill due 4 months hence at 15% is Rs. 420. The true discount is:
7. Tickets numbered 1 to 20 are mixed up and then a ticket is drawn at random. What is the probability that the ticket drawn has a number which is a multiple of 3 or 5?
8. Which of the following statements is not correct?
9. A man has Rs. 480 in the denominations of one-rupee notes, five-rupee notes and ten-rupee notes. The number of notes of each denomination is equal. What is the total number of notes that he has ?
10. A right triangle with sides 3 cm, 4 cm and 5 cm is rotated the side of 3 cm to form a cone. The volume of the cone so formed is: