Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A and B can do a job together in 7 days. A is 13/4 times as efficient as B. The same job can be done by A alone in :
2. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
3. If x = 3 + 22, then the value of x - 1 is:
4. Rs. 9800 are invested partly in 9% stock at 75 and 10% stock at 80 to have equal amount of incomes. The investment in 9% stock is:
5. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took 2 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in:
6. Two tailors X and Y are paid a total of Rs. 550 per week by their employer. If X is paid 120 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
7.One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill the tank in 36 minutes, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in:
8. Find a positive number which when increased by 17 is equal to 60 times the reciprocal of the number.
9. The salaries A, B, C are in the ratio 2 : 3 : 5. If the increments of 15%, 10% and 20% are allowed respectively in their salaries, then what will be new ratio of their salaries?
10. If 3(x - y) = 27 and 3(x + y) = 243, then x is equal to: