Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. 66 cubic centimetres of silver is drawn into a wire 1 mm in diameter. The length of the wire in metres will be:
2. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
3.If 2994 ÷ 14.5 = 172, then 29.94 ÷ 1.45 = ?
4.Sq. root of 1.5625 = ?
5. The banker's discount on a sum of money for 1 years is Rs. 558 and the true discount on the same sum for 2 years is Rs. 600. The rate percent is:
6.If a - b = 3 and a2 + b2 = 29, find the value of ab.
7. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the positions of its digits is 36. What is the difference between the two digits of that number?
8. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1 : 2 ?
9. Running at the same constant rate, 6 identical machines can produce a total of 270 bottles per minute. At this rate, how many bottles could 10 such machines produce in 4 minutes?
10. A fort had provision of food for 150 men for 45 days. After 10 days, 25 men left the fort. The number of days for which the remaining food will last is: