Questions and Answer with Explanation
1. A hollow iron pipe is 21 cm long and its external diameter is 8 cm. If the thickness of the pipe is 1 cm and iron weighs 8 g/cm3, then the weight of the pipe is:
2. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
3. When 0.232323..... is converted into a fraction, then the result is:
4. If 3Sq. root of 5 + Sq. root of 125 = 17.88, then what will be the value of Sq. root of 80 + 6 Sq. root of 5 ?
5. The banker's gain on a sum due 3 years hence at 12% per annum is Rs. 270. The banker's discount is:
6.The price of 2 sarees and 4 shirts is Rs. 1600. With the same money one can buy 1 saree and 6 shirts. If one wants to buy 12 shirts, how much shall he have to pay ?
7. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
8. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
9. 39 persons can repair a road in 12 days, working 5 hours a day. In how many days will 30 persons, working 6 hours a day, complete the work?
10.A man completes 5/8 of a job in 10 days. At this rate, how many more days will it takes him to finish the job?