Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A dishonest milkman professes to sell his milk at cost price but he mixes it with water and thereby gains 25%. The percentage of water in the mixture is:
2.The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average age of the team?
3. A man can row three-quarters of a kilometre against the stream in 11 minutes and down the stream in 7 minutes. The speed (in km/hr) of the man in still water is:
4. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
5. A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3 .What is the percentage error in the calculation?
6.The value of [(10)150 ÷ (10)146]
7.How many 4-letter words with or without meaning, can be formed out of the letters of the word, 'LOGARITHMS', if repetition of letters is not allowed?
8.A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in :
9.X can do a piece of work in 40 days. He works at it for 8 days and then Y finished it in 16 days. How long will they together take to complete the work?
10. A and B together can do a piece of work in 30 days. A having worked for 16 days, B finishes the remaining work alone in 44 days. In how many days shall B finish the whole work alone?