Questions and Answers with Explanation
1.The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
2. A takes twice as much time as B or thrice as much time as C to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in:
3.The average weight of 16 boys in a class is 50.25 kg and that of the remaining 8 boys is 45.15 kg. Find the average weights of all the boys in the class.
4. In how many different ways can the letters of the word 'CORPORATION' be arranged so that the vowels always come together?
5. What was the day of the week on 17th June, 1998?
6. A man buys Rs. 20 shares paying 9% dividend. The man wants to have an interest of 12% on his money. The market value of each share is:
7. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2 : 3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40 : 57. What is Sumit's salary?
8. 1/ + 1 + a(n - m) +1/ 1 + a(m - n)=?
9. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took 2 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in:
10. A and B can do a piece of work in 30 days, while B and C can do the same work in 24 days and C and A in 20 days. They all work together for 10 days when B and C leave. How many days more will A take to finish the work?