Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A can finish a work in 24 days, B in 9 days and C in 12 days. B and C start the work but are forced to leave after 3 days. The remaining work was done by A in:
2. If m and n are whole numbers such that mn = 121, the value of (m - 1)n + 1 is:.
3. (xb/xc) (b + c - a) . (xc/xa) (c + a - b) .(xa/xb) (a + b - c) = ?
4. Two students appeared at an examination. One of them secured 9 marks more than the other and his marks was 56% of the sum of their marks. The marks obtained by them are:
5. The sum of three numbers is 98. If the ratio of the first to second is 2 :3 and that of the second to the third is 5 : 8, then the second number is:
6. A 6% stock yields 8%. The market value of the stock is:
7.P can complete a work in 12 days working 8 hours a day. Q can complete the same work in 8 days working 10 hours a day. If both P and Q work together, working 8 hours a day, in how many days can they complete the work?
8. Out of 7 consonants and 4 vowels, how many words of 3 consonants and 2 vowels can be formed?
9. Father is aged three times more than his son Ronit. After 8 years, he would be two and a half times of Ronit's age. After further 8 years, how many times would he be of Ronit's age?
10. The angle between the minute hand and the hour hand of a clock when the time is 8.30, is: