Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A hall is 15 m long and 12 m broad. If the sum of the areas of the floor and the ceiling is equal to the sum of the areas of four walls, the volume of the hall is:
2. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent.
3. The value of 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1 + 0.02 x 0.02 x 0.02 / 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 + 0.04 x 0.04 x 0.04 is:
4. The least perfect square, which is divisible by each of 21, 36 and 66 is:
5.The banker's gain of a certain sum due 2 years hence at 10% per annum is Rs. 24. The present worth is:
6. The price of 10 chairs is equal to that of 4 tables. The price of 15 chairs and 2 tables together is Rs. 4000. The total price of 12 chairs and 3 tables is:
7. If one-third of one-fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
8. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
9. Three pumps, working 8 hours a day, can empty a tank in 2 days. How many hours a day must 4 pumps work to empty the tank in 1 day?
10. If the cost of x metres of wire is d rupees, then what is the cost of y metres of wire at the same rate?