Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A man buys Rs. 20 shares paying 9% dividend. The man wants to have an interest of 12% on his money. The market value of each share is:
2. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2 : 3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40 : 57. What is Sumit's salary?
3. 1/ + 1 + a(n - m) +1/ 1 + a(m - n)=?
4. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took 2 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in:
5. A and B can do a piece of work in 30 days, while B and C can do the same work in 24 days and C and A in 20 days. They all work together for 10 days when B and C leave. How many days more will A take to finish the work?
6. A dishonest milkman professes to sell his milk at cost price but he mixes it with water and thereby gains 25%. The percentage of water in the mixture is:
7.The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average age of the team?
8. A man can row three-quarters of a kilometre against the stream in 11 minutes and down the stream in 7 minutes. The speed (in km/hr) of the man in still water is:
9. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
10. A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3 .What is the percentage error in the calculation?