Questions and Answers with Explanation
1.The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
2. A takes twice as much time as B or thrice as much time as C to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in:
3.The average weight of 16 boys in a class is 50.25 kg and that of the remaining 8 boys is 45.15 kg. Find the average weights of all the boys in the class.
4. In how many different ways can the letters of the word 'CORPORATION' be arranged so that the vowels always come together?
5. What was the day of the week on 17th June, 1998?
6.A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at the present at the time of your birth". If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
7. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
8 How many times are the hands of a clock at right angle in a day?
9. Find the ratio in which rice at Rs. 7.20 a kg be mixed with rice at Rs. 5.70 a kg to produce a mixture worth Rs. 6.30 a kg.
10. In what ratio must a grocer mix two varieties of tea worth Rs. 60 a kg and Rs. 65 a kg so that by selling the mixture at Rs. 68.20 a kg he may gain 10%?