Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A takes twice as much time as B or thrice as much time as C to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in:
2.What was the day of the week on 28th May, 2006?
3. At 3:40, the hour hand and the minute hand of a clock form an angle of:
4.A man bought 20 shares of Rs. 50 at 5 discount, the rate of dividend being 13. The rate of interest obtained is:
5. A can lay railway track between two given stations in 16 days and B can do the same job in 12 days. With help of C, they did the job in 4 days only. Then, C alone can do the job in:
6. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7 : 8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively, what will be the new ratio?
7. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
8. (243)n/5 x 32n + 1 / 9n x 3n - 1 = ?
9. Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 12 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in:
10.From a group of 7 men and 6 women, five persons are to be selected to form a committee so that at least 3 men are there on the committee. In how many ways can it be done?In how many ways can it be done?