Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A merchant has 1000 kg of sugar, part of which he sells at 8% profit and the rest at 18% profit. He gains 14% on the whole. The quantity sold at 18% profit is:
2. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to that the average marks for the class got increased by half (1/2). The number of pupils in the class is:
3. Speed of a boat in standing water is 9 kmph and the speed of the stream is 1.5 kmph. A man rows to a place at a distance of 105 km and comes back to the starting point. The total time taken by him is:
4. If 6th March, 2005 is Monday, what was the day of the week on 6th March, 2004?
5. How many times in a day, are the hands of a clock in straight line but opposite in direction?
6.In how many different ways can the letters of the word 'MATHEMATICS' be arranged so that the vowels always come together?
7. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same time during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is:
8. Sakshi invests a part of Rs. 12,000 in 12% stock at Rs. 120 and the remainder in 15% stock at Rs. 125. If his total dividend Per Annum is Rs. 1360, how much does he invest in 12% stock at Rs. 120?
9. (25)7.5 x (5)2.5 ÷ (125)1.5 = 5?
10. A, B and C can complete a piece of work in 24, 6 and 12 days respectively. Working together, they will complete the same work in: