Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. A dishonest milkman professes to sell his milk at cost price but he mixes it with water and thereby gains 25%. The percentage of water in the mixture is:
2.The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average age of the team?
3. A man can row three-quarters of a kilometre against the stream in 11 minutes and down the stream in 7 minutes. The speed (in km/hr) of the man in still water is:
4. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
5. A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3 .What is the percentage error in the calculation?
6.The value of [(10)150 ÷ (10)146]
7.How many 4-letter words with or without meaning, can be formed out of the letters of the word, 'LOGARITHMS', if repetition of letters is not allowed?
8.A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
9.At what time between 9 and 10 o'clock will the hands of a watch be together?
10. On what dates of April, 2001 did Wednesday fall?